The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup runs from June 7 to July 7 with France serving as a host nation. This year, several players with connections to the Long Island and New York area will be participating in this year’s event.
The defending World Champion United States features Crystal Dunn of Rockville Centre and Allie Long of Northport. England’s team includes Rachel Daly, who played her college ball at St. John’s University. Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz includes Nicole McClure, who was born in Queens and played youth soccer in Auburndale and East Meadow.
Below is the schedule for matches featuring the U.S., England and Jamaica.
United States — Group F
- Tuesday, June 11, vs. Thailand, 3 p.m. Eastern Time
- Sunday, June 16, vs. Chile, 12 p.m. Eastern Time
- Thursday, June 20, vs. Sweden, 3 p.m. Eastern Time
England — Group D
- Sunday, June 9, vs Scotland, 12 p.m. Eastern Time
- Friday, June 14, vs. Argentina, 3 p.m. Eastern Time
- Wednesday, June 19, vs. Japan, 3 p.m. Eastern Time
Jamaica — Group C
- Sunday, June 9, vs. Brazil, 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time
- Friday, June 14, vs. Italy, 12 p.m. Eastern Time
- Tuesday, June 18, vs. Australia, 3 p.m. Eastern Time