Ten players with connections to Long Island were named to the United Soccer Coaches Men’s Division I All-Region teams. This year’s honorees include players from Hofstra and Stony Brook along with a host of other colleges.
All-Atlantic First Team
- Sean Nealis – Senior – Defense – Hofstra University – Massapequa: The 2018 Colonial Athletic Association Defensive Player of the Year and a first team All-CAA selection, Nealis earns his first all-region accolade. He anchored a back line that helped the Pride to 11 shutouts on the year, including a program-record eight-match shutout streak.
- Barry Sharifi – Junior – Midfield – Loyola University (Md.) – Jericho: Sharifi ranked second on the team with 12 points this year. He has contributed 13 goals, 16 assists and 42 points throughout his career. This season, he tallied four goals and four assists and was twice named the Patriot League Midfielder of the Week.
- Brian Saramago – Junior – Forward – Loyola University (Md.) – New Hyde Park: Saramago has led the Greyhounds in goals and points every of the last three seasons and recently became the 14th Greyhound in the program’s NCAA Division I history to score 25 career goals at Loyola. Through three seasons, he has 26 career goals, 14 assists and 66 points. He finished this year with 24 points on eight goals and eight assists.
All-East First Team
- Dylan Nealis – Junior – Defense – Georgetown – Massapequa: Nealis was the 2018 Big East Defensive Player of the Year and a First Team All-Big East honoree. He was fourth on the team in scoring with two goals and a team-high seven assists for 11 points. Those seven assists tied him for second in the Big East.
All-East Third Team
- Dylan Greenberg – Redshirt Senior – Defense – University of Connecticut – Dix Hills: Greenberg started 19 matches this season for the Huskies with two assists.
All-Northeast First Team
- Sean McSherry – Senior – Forward – Princeton University – East Northport: McSherry led the Tigers in scoring with 12 points scoring four goals and four assists. He was a first-team All-Ivy League selection.
All-Northeast Second Team
- Martieon Watson – Senior – Midfield – Stony Brook University – Vessigny, Trinidad: Named America East Midfielder of the Year and a member of the first team all-conference, Watson started every match of the season.
- Dylan Mott – Senior – Forward – Columbia University – Bohemia: Started 14 games this past season for the Lions. He had five goals and assist, with his goal total double that of his first three collegiate seasons.
All-Northeast Third Team
- Serge Gamwanya – Senior – Midfield – Stony Brook University – Trondheim, Norway: A first-team all-conference selection he started in all 16 contests he played in and scored six goals. Gamwanya was named America East Offensive Player of the Week three times during the season.
- Jarred Dass – Junior – Forward – Stony Brook University – Marabella, Trinidad: A first-team all-conference selection he appeared in 17 games, starting all of them. Dass tallied six goals to tie for the team lead.