As part of the agreement, ONE World Sports will air one live game per week with NASL Wednesday Night Soccer on ONE World Sports as well as NASL This Week, a comprehensive 30-minute highlight show, on Tuesday nights at 6 p.m. eastern time.
“Our new partnership with ONE World Sports is another significant step in our development as a top-tier sports enterprise,” said Bill Peterson, NASL Commissioner. “ONE World Sports’ incredible production quality and growing viewership footprint make it an ideal network for our new ‘Game of the Week’ concept and weekly highlight show. This addition complements our global streaming partnership with ESPN, as well as our existing local television broadcasts.”
During the 2015 NASL Fall Season, ONE World Sports will carry one Wednesday night game per week, beginning on July 8 with the match between the Fort Lauderdale Strikers and Carolina RailHawks. In total, 14 Fall Season games will be available, with each club appearing on the network at least once this year.
Slated to make its debut on July 14, the weekly 30-minute review show, NASL This Week, will feature highlights from all of the games across the league. ONE World Sports will also be televising weekly games and the review show for the 2016 Spring and Fall Seasons.
“As the official broadcast partner of the New York Cosmos for the past two years, we have seen a significant increase in the interest of NASL games due to the tremendous talent on the field,” said Joel Feld, Executive Vice President, Programming & Production, ONE World Sports. “ONE World Sports’ partnership with the league for NASL Wednesday Night Soccer and NASL This Week allows us to continue with our mission of producing compelling live action from around the globe to a domestic audience.”
In the midst of its fifth season, the NASL will be regularly available on national television for the first time. The league currently broadcasts all of its games online, in addition to the many local television stations that carry NASL action through their direct partnerships with the clubs.
“Broadcasting is always evolving – perhaps never as quickly as the present,” Peterson said. “We have created a very competitive structure, and we’re taking a nimble approach to delivering broadcasts to our growing fan base in North America and around the globe.”
Here is the full schedule for NASL Wednesday Night Soccer on ONE World Sports:
- July 8 | Carolina RailHawks vs. Fort Lauderdale Strikers | 7:30 PM ET
- July 15 | Minnesota United FC vs. Jacksonville Armada FC | 8:00 PM ET
- July 22 | Ottawa Fury FC vs. Atlanta Silverbacks | 7:00 PM ET
- August 5 | New York Cosmos vs. Minnesota United FC | 7:30 PM ET
- August 12 | Jacksonville Armada FC vs. Carolina RailHawks | 7:30 PM ET
- August 19 | Indy Eleven vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies | 7:30 PM ET
- August 26 | Ottawa Fury FC vs. New York Cosmos | 7:00 PM ET
- September 2 | Minnesota United FC vs. Indy Eleven | 8:00 PM ET
- September 9 | San Antonio Scorpions vs. Carolina RailHawks | 8:30 PM ET
- September 16 | Fort Lauderdale Strikers vs. Jacksonville Armada FC | 7:30 PM ET
- September 30 | Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Indy Eleven | 7:30 PM ET
- October 7 | Atlanta Silverbacks vs. New York Cosmos | 7:30 PM ET
- October 14 | Carolina RailHawks vs. FC Edmonton | 7:30 PM ET
- October 21 | Jacksonville Armada FC vs. Ottawa Fury FC | 7:30 PM ET
As one of the nation’s fastest growing sports networks, ONE World Sports is distributed through Verizon FiOS, DISH Network, Charter Communications, RCN, and many others. Additionally, the Watch ONE World Sports app features live and on-demand content. For more information on ONE World Sports and its availability in particular markets, visit the network’s official website, ONEWorldSports.com.