Maryland entered the 2016 NCAA Tournament as the top seed, finishing fourth in the RPI. When the teams met last season, the Terrapins came into the game ranked No. 1, marking the first time in program history the Pride had taken on the nation’s top team. Maryland won the match 2-1.
The team then returns to the New York area and will face St. John’s in Queens on September 5 before playing its home opener September 9 against Long Island rival Stony Brook.
“I am very excited about the level of competition on our schedule,” said Richard Nuttall, the team’s head coach. “Strength of schedule is important, and we look forward to the challenge.”
Hofstra will open its eight-game Colonial Athletic Association conference schedule at home on September 16 against Elon. The season’s final match will be at home on Halloween against Brown. The CAA quarterfinals will take place on November 4, with the regular-season champion hosting the semifinals and championship on November 10 and November 12.
Nuttall’s squad comes off a season in 2016 in which the team finished with a record of 9-8-1 and a second consecutive Colonial Athletic Association regular-season title.
Information for this story provided by Hofstra University’s Office of Athletic Communications.
- August 25 at Penn State (Time TBD)
- August 28 at Univ. of Maryland 7 p.m.
- August 31 at Univ. of Virginia (Time TBD)
- Sept. 5 at St. Johns 7:30 p.m.
- Sept. 9 vs. Stony Brook 7 p.m.
- Sept. 12 at Univ. of Connecticut (Time TBD)
- Sept. 16 vs. Elon University 7 p.m. (CAA)
- Sept. 19 vs. Columbia University 7 p.m.
- Sept. 23 at College of Charleston 1 p.m. (CAA)
- Sept. 27 vs. Northeastern University 7 p.m. (CAA)
- Sept. 30 at James Madison University 7 p.m. (CAA)
- Oct. 3 at. Dartmouth College 7 p.m.
- Oct. 7 vs. University of Delaware 7:30 p.m. (CAA)
- Oct. 11 at Drexel University 7 p.m. (CAA)
- Oct. 14 at The College of William & Mary 7 p.m. (CAA)
- Oct. 21 vs. UNC Wilmington 7 p.m. (CAA)
- Oct. 25 at Binghamton University (Time TBD)
- Oct. 31 vs. Brown University 7 p.m.
CAA – Colonial Athletic Association conference game