The National Women’s Soccer League will kick off its fourth season on April 16, and the 10 teams across the league will include players that in the past were members of teams in the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA).
According to the ENYYSA, nine of the players — coming from Long Island, New York City, Westchester and the Hudson Valley — also took part in Eastern New York’s Olympic Development Program.
The players include: (Name, NWSL Team, Position, ENY Club[s])
- Brittany Anghel; Sky Blue FC; GK; Albertson
- MIchelle Betos; Portland Thorns; GK; Albertson
- Amanda DaCosta; Chicago Red Stars; MID; Somers, Monroe United
- Kim DeCesare; Sky Blue FC; F; Massapequa, Huntington Boys Club
- Crystal Dunn; Washington Spirit; F/M/D; Rockville Centre, Albertson
- Allie Long; Portland Thorns; M; Northport-Cow Harbor, Oceanside, Albertson
- Emily Menges; Portland Thorns, D; Albertson, Garden City Centennials
- Rebecca Moros; Western New York Flash; M/D; Larchmont, Soundview, Yorktown, Huntington Boys Club
- Cari Roccaro; Houston Dash; D; Albertson
- Jasmyne Spencer; Orlando Pride; F; Brentwood, Bay Shore, Albertson
- Brittany Taylor; FC Kansas City; D; North Rockland, Albertson