Head coach Ryan Anatol and the Stony Brook University’s men’s soccer team announced its 2019 recruiting class on Tuesday afternoon. The class consists of nine newcomers, including eight incoming freshmen, three Long Islanders and one transfer.
“We are excited to welcome this group of talented individuals into our program,” Anatol said. “Each of these student-athletes has a very good combination of talent and character. They will fit in nicely with our core of returning players and we are ready to get started on building our 2019 team.”
2019 Stony Brook Men’s Soccer Recruiting Class
- Daniel Balman: goalkeeper from Marcellus, N.Y., and a member of Syracuse FC.
- Kameron Blaise: forward from Coram and a member of NYCFC USSDA Academy.
- Curtis Copenhaver: goalkeeper from Center Moriches and a member of Barca Academy NY.
- Kori Cupid: junior transfer midfielder from Chaguanas, Trinidad, and the University of South Florida.
- Birkir Gudmundsson: midfielder from Reykjavik, Iceland, and a member of Throttur Reykjavik.
- Daniel Jara: midfielder from Queens and a member of New York Red Bulls USSDA Academy.
- Edmond Kaiser: goalkeeper from Karlsruhe, Germany, and a member of Karlsruhe SC.
- Sebastian Rojek: defender from Wayne, N.J., and a member of TSF Academy.
- Steven Siso: midfielder from Northport and a member of Smithtown Kickers SC.