Red Bull Arena will play host to two of the six matches in this year’s SheBelieves Cup, which will run from March 1-7.
The U.S. Women’s National Team will be joined by Germany, France and England in a gathering of four of the top-five ranked women’s national teams. Ticket information was not immediately available.
“It’s fantastic to play these three teams in the first three games of the year,” U.S. head coach Jill Ellis said. “As I’ve said many times, one of our main goals is to play the best teams in the world as often as possible and we have tremendous respect for France, Germany and England, which all feature world class players at multiple positions. To hold this tournament at home is great for our fans and TV partners, but especially for our players and our coaching staff as these are the kinds of games where we get tested and can really learn a lot about ourselves.”
The United States won the 2016 SheBelieves Cup, defeating England 1-0, France 1-0 and Germany 2-1. Germany finished second, England third and France fourth. The tournament was conceived and developed by the U.S. women’s team, with #SheBelieves designed as a movement to inspire young girls to meet their goals and dreams on and off the pitch.
The tournament format will be the same as last year as the four teams will each participate in three doubleheader events at three different venues over a seven-day period.
2017 SheBelieves Cup Schedule
- Mar. 1: England vs. France, Talen Energy Stadium, Chester, Pa., 4 p.m. ET
- Mar. 1: USA vs. Germany, Talen Energy Stadium, Chester, Pa., 7 p.m. ET, FS1
- Mar. 4: France vs. Germany, Red Bull Arena, Harrison, N.J., 2:15 p.m. ET
- Mar. 4: USA vs. England, Red Bull Arena, Harrison, N.J.,5 p.m. ET, FOX
- Mar. 7: Germany vs. England, RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C., 4 p.m. ET
- Mar. 7: USA vs. France, RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C., 7 p.m. ET, FS1
The winner of the tournament will be based on total points (three for a win, one for a tie), with the first tie-breaker being overall goal difference, followed by most total tournament goals scored, then head-to-head result and lastly, FIFA Ranking if necessary.