Local youth soccer players seeking access to the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association’s Olympic Development Program will have the opportunity to tryout for the Young Olympians Program in Deer Park.
Open to boys and girls born in 2008 and 2009, the tryouts will be held April 7 at 3:30 p.m. at Pro Game Athletics outdoor training facility, 759 Long Island Avenue in Deer Park.
A second training session will also be held April 7 in Nassau County at Peter C. Collins Soccer Park, 1425 Old Country Road in Plainview.
The program provides ENYYSA’s 11 League Affiliate member clubs the opportunity to send its best players to train in the ENYYSA/Red Bulls program. The Young Olympians Program is the next step for players preparing for the ENY Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program.
The Young Olympians program will focus on improving the player’s technical ability and tactical awareness while exposing players and parents to a US Youth Soccer and ENYYSA ODP environment.
“We are thrilled to help showcase Suffolk’s best talent right here in Deer Park,” said Victor Picone, owner of Pro Game Athletics. “With the help of the New York Red Bulls, the players will have a chance to train at a high-level and build a relationship with the Red Bulls.”
The Young Olympians program operates from April through August and September through November. Selected players will take part in weekly training sessions in the spring conducted by New York Red Bulls coaching staff. During the summer, players will be invited to participate in an exclusive week-long residential camp.
The program is supplemental, which means players continue with their existing travel teams, while also training with the ENYYSA Young Olympians Program. To be eligible for the program, players must be registered with an ENYYSA member club.
Once players are selected, they will train at Pro Game. Players in Nassau County will train at Collins Park.
- Max of 25 players will be selected per age group and gender once tryouts have concluded
- Once a player is accepted into the program, the acceptance is for the full program.
- Spring season (April-June) and Fall Season (September – November) will consist of: 8 training sessions, 1 midyear event (for selected players) usually held at New York Red Bulls 1st Team & Academy Training Facility, Residential Camp opportunities at either Golden Goal (ENYYSA Young Olympians select team); The Knox School (Girls Only); or The Stony Brook School (boys only) (additional fees apply)
- The ENYYSA Young Olympians-Red Bulls program (Spring) costs $295 + cost of uniform
- ENYYSA Young Olympians-Red Bulls training uniform must be purchased in order to participate in the program. Cost is approximately $27 and consists of socks (x1), shorts (x1) and jersey (x1)
Dates of Training
- Suffolk & Nassau County: April 28, May 5, May 12, May 19, June 2, June 9, June 16 and June 23 (rain date June 30) 4 p.m. to 5:30 pm for Boys & Girls U10 (train side by side) and 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. for Boys & Girls U11 (train side by side)