With new head coach Karim Diallo now at the helm, NYIT’s women’s soccer team will look to build off the momentum from the 2017 season when the team finished one point shy of earning the program’s first postseason berth.
The Bears 2018 schedule kicks off on August 31 at home, as NYIT hosts the East Regional Crossover Challenge, and concludes at home on October 25 vs. Caldwell. The 17-game schedule includes nine East Coast Conference (ECC) matchups as Lincoln College joins the ECC as an associate member.
| • RELATED: NYIT Women’s Soccer Sign Eight For 2018 Season |
Among the notable returnees for the Bears is sophomore Casey Luongo (Center Moriches, Center Moriches H.S.) who in her freshman season lead NYIT with 11 goals and was a Second-Team All-East Coast Conference selection.
While NYIT lost Dina Simonian (8G, 4A) to graduation, the team is welcoming a major recruit in Hannah Franco (Islip, Islip High School). She was named the New York State Class A Player of the Year and was a United Soccer Coaches Fall High School Girls All-American selection.
- August 31 vs. Assumption
- September 1 vs. Stonehill
- September 4 @ Pace
- September 6 @ Georgian Court
- September 12 @ Bloomfield
- September 15 vs. Roberts Wesleyan*
- September 20 vs. Goldey-Beacom*
- September 22 vs. Lincoln (Pa.)*
- September 29 @ Daemen*
- October 3 vs. Molloy*
- October 7 @ St. Thomas Aquinas*
- October 10 vs. LIU Post*
- October 13 vs. Bridgeport*
- October 17 @ Queens (NY)*
- October 20 @ Mercy*
- October 22 @ Chestnut Hill
- October 25 vs. Caldwell
* East Coast Conference game